- To provide an advanced understanding of advanced concepts in Biochemistry, Instrumentation Sciences, Bioinformatics (through structure-function relationships), Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, Immunology, Environmental Biotechnology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology.
- To provide with an understanding of handling laboratory instruments and automation through in-house and industry visits/ training.
- To provide with the necessary skills to understand research journals, interpret data, collate ideas, and write manuscripts for publication.
- Development of a research attitude and temperament through laboratory exercises, study of peer-reviewed journals, and interaction with scientists and faculties.
- Development of an ability to conduct laboratory experiments with finesse and an attitude towards utilization of books and e-resources in the library.
- Development of an ability to communicate effectively, work in multidisciplinary teams, and personal development.
M.Sc. Applied Microbiology
1ST SEMESTER: (250 Marks)
|Paper-I Fundamentals of Microbiology||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-II Microbial diversity||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-III Microbial Physiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetics||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-IV PRACTICAL based on Paper-I, II and III||(100 Marks)|
2ND SEMESTER: (250 Marks)
|Paper-V Agricultural Microbiology and Plant Pathology||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-VI Environmental, Food and Industrial Microbiology||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-VII Medical Microbiology and Immunology||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-VIII PRACTICAL based on Paper V, VI and VII||(100 Marks)|
3RD SEMESTER: (250 Marks)
|Paper-IX Biostatistics, Computer Application and Instrumentation||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-X Microbial Biotechnology: Fundamentals||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-XI Microbial Biotechnology: Applications||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-XII PRACTICAL based on Paper IX, X and XI||(100 Marks)|
4TH SEMESTER: (250 Marks)
|Paper-XIII Elective I||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-XIV Elective II||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-XV Seminar cum Practical||(50 Marks)|
|Paper-XVI Project||(100 Marks)|