An Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBSC) following the guidelines of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has been constituted by at TSBS for review of research projects involving Genetically Engineered Organisms and processes. The necessary letter for approval of IBSC committee has already been accorded by RCGM Secretariat, DBT in this regard.
- To examine proposals involving rDNA work to ensure adherence of rDNA Safety Guidelines-1990 of Government of India.
- To examine toxicity/allerginicity protocols as per National and International Guidelines
- To recommend import/export of GMOs/vectors/constructs
|Chairman||Prof. A. Mittra, Dean, Trident School of Biotech Sciences (TSBS), TACT, Bhubaneswar- 751024|
|DBT Nominee||Dr. Satish Devdas, Scientist, Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), NALCO Square, Bhubaneswar|
|Member Secretary||Dr. Bharat Bhusan Patnaik, Professor-Advanced Research Group, Trident School of Biotech Sciences (TSBS), TACT, Bhubaneswar- 751024|
|Outside Experts||1. Dr. Subhasis Chattopadhyaya, Reader-F, School of Biological Sciences, National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar
2. Dr. Prasanta Maity, Scientist and Head (R&D), Imgenex India Pvt. Ltd. Bhubaneswar
|Bio-Safety Officer||Dr. Naresh Chandra Mishra, Medical Consultant, Bhubaneswar|
|Internal Experts||1. Dr. Arup Sarkar, Professor-Advanced Research Group, Trident School of Biotech Sciences (TSBS), TACT, Bhubaneswar- 751024
2. Mr. Anshuman Sarangi, Assistant Professor, Trident School of Biotech Sciences (TSBS), TACT, Bhubaneswar- 751024